Your site launch has come and past and our course you used our site launch checklist. But now you need to be sure to keep on top of your site so it doesn’t become dated and unfunctional. So that that ends we created a post site launch checklist. Our list includes but is not limited to:
- View analytics report
- Act on analytics reports, what did you learn to make your site better
- Assign content responsibilities in your department, who need to update what and when
- Get people to link to your site to increase search engine ranking (see: inbound links)
- Remove your old site/ pages so it doesn’t show up in google
- Fix broken links
- See if website meets goals established before the project, if not make corrections
- Train necessary people to use the CMS
- Be sure site contact information works
- Is there anything that should be removed or added to the site
- Be sure you still pass HTML and accessibility checks
- Are you search engine results relevant
- Be sure to respond to and if needed fix feedback from the site
- Consider doing usability testing / focus group with your sites users
- Forms have been tested and are still processed correctly
- Are your backups still set to run on site
We also provided a nice PDF post-launch-checklist in case you want to print it out and check them off on your own.
Please let us know if you have any questions about how to implement any of these steps. If we forgot anything that you have learned from your site launch let us know and we will be glad to add it.
*NOTE* This list maybe not include everything you need to check for your site launch. Be sure to think of additional items particular to your setup. We cannot be held responsible for any errors on omissions on this list. Please let us know if you have any questions about how to implement any of these steps.