You are finally to the point where is it time to launch your glorious new site. Just be sure not to overlook any of these small details. Our list includes but is not limited to:
- All copy is free of spelling and grammar errors
- No test or dummy copy or links
- Create redirects for important pages from old site
- Content has been flow consistently throughout the site
- Print stylesheet exists and tested
- Meta data has been included and is appropriate
- Page titles are descriptive and SEO friendly
- Images have appropriate alt text
- Favicon has been created and displays correctly
- Footer includes copyright and site contact info
- HTML has passed validation
- No broken links
- View your site in all majors browsers for issues (IE 8+, Safari, Firefox, Chrome)
- Tested at 1024 x 768 resolution
- Forms have been tested and processed correctly
- Google Analytics installed and functioning correctly
- 404 page exists and is informative
- Everything is Section 508 / ADA compliant
- SSL is setup where needed
- Have backups set to run on site
- Ensure that each page has a clear purpose.
- Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools.
We also provided a nice PDF launch checklist in case you want to print it out and check them off on your own.
Please let us know if you have any questions about how to implement any of these steps. If we forgot anything that you have learned from your site launch let us know and we will be glad to add it.
*NOTE* This list maybe not include everything you need to check for your site launch. Be sure to think of additional items particular to your setup. We cannot be held responsible for any errors on omissions on this list. Please let us know if you have any questions about how to implement any of these steps.